By: Dr. Gregory W. Betts
I love the presentation functions of Keynote. A few years ago, Apple ingeniously enabled an iPhone or iPad to act as a mobile clicker. This feature also allows me to have a presentation view on my iPhone/iPad, one that includes the ability to view my notes. These capabilities allow me to move around the room without being tied to my computer at the front of the room. Using this feature, I am able to be mobile when working with staff, have the security of my notes, and can customize my presentation view. These new features are fantastic and now I just need Apple to include a laser pointer on my iPhone. Below are the quick easy steps to link your Apple device to your Apple computer and a link to the Apple support.
Use these steps to link Keynote Remote to your Mac:
- Make sure that Wi-Fi is turned on both on your Mac and your iOS device.
- On your Mac, open your presentation in Keynote.
- Choose Keynote > Preferences.
- Select the Remotes tab.
- Select the option to Enable.
- On your iOS device, open the Keynote app.
By Gregory W. Betts